Saturday, March 6, 2010

Love at First Flight - Part II

Fast forward to four weeks later. I'm walking through the airport again. I was flying out for a second interview. Truly torn about what direction my life was taking me. As I approached my gate, I heard my name. I turned. It was him. And he remembered my name. Wow. I couldn't believe it.

We went to the airport bar and had a beer. This was hysterical to me because not only do I drink very little but it was 10:30 in the morning. It was an absolute excuse to get to talk with him. He walked me to the gate. I asked him for his phone number this time. And I got on the plane and took off.

When I returned from the interview I went out with him twice. Two crazy dates. The first was in downtown Boston at Legal Seafood. Lunch. It was pouring rain. We walked for hours. It was marvelous. The second was in downtown Providence and then in Newport. We laughed and joked and I didn't want it to end. I still remember sitting next to him in the bar in Newport. Not wanting to be anywhere else. I know it is a cliche but it was magic.

Then the ultimate twist. I moved. To Oklahoma. Two thousand miles away. My life was waiting for me. The job I wanted. Nice office. Nice people. Good money. Good benefits. It was everything I had been hoping for flying all over the country looking for the perfect job.

No comments:

Post a Comment