Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Love at First Flight - Part III

Six months after I had moved. I sent him an email. He sent one back. We talked on the phone. He said he was traveling to Arkansas for business and he would come and visit me. I didn't believe him.

I wasn't stupid. He wasn't going to visit me two thousand miles away because we went out on two great dates.

But he did. I remember being so nervous going to the airport to pick him up. To this day I can tell you exactly what I wore, what he did and how he smiled. We had a great weekend.

Two weeks later he came to visit again. And two weeks after that I flew to his home. And met his family.

He asked me to marry me three times. I remember walking out of the church and wondering how I had gotten there. It was as if time had passed in a dream. I threw my flowers to my friends from the church steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment