Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One More Reason to Get Married

One night at the dinner table Daddy says to the kids, "Isn't this great? I make dinner and your Mother does the dishes."

To which our daughter replied, "I am never getting married because I don't ever want to do the dishes." We laughed.

Today, we were in a fabulous homemade ice cream shop getting our cones after a long sunny bike ride. The clerk handed me my husband's cone while he was paying her. I started licking the cone. My daughter said, "Why are you eating Daddy's ice cream?" To which I replied, "That's one of the nice things about being married."

She looked very thoughtful for a moment. I gave her another more serious example of something kind her Dad had done for me the last time I was in the hospital. It sparked a thoughtful look.

I wonder when she'll realize that being married isn't just about who does the dishes.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment