Monday, October 5, 2009

The Famous Pancakes

One morning last week, my middle child asked me for pancakes. Seven minutes before I had to get in the car for work. Ugh. I made him toast and promised the beloved pancakes for dinner.

That night I thought he surely had forgotten but of course he had not. Mommy, will you make the pancakes now, please? The flour I usually buy was out of stock. Figures. So I bought Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Pancake and Waffle Flour. I added my own baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, milk, half and half. Stirred. Sizzled. Flipped. Talk about ecstacy. Wow! Remind me later to write them a letter and tell them how good they are.


Note to my veggie friends: Sour the milk with a little vinegar and add a little yogurt and you will be good to go.

Note to my vegan friends: Substitute soy milk for cow's and sour with the vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment