Saturday, June 2, 2012

Food Swap

Last Sunday, my children, my obliging husband and I attended our first ever food swap.

It rocked. We brought six jars of our homemade jam, syrup and pickles and got all sorts of other people's homemade goodies in return. What fun!

The lovely farmer who hosted the event gave each of us 30 eggs to take home as our parting gift.

This morning, my lovely daughter made eggs for my oldest son. And then we rushed out the door to a school event.



We had a lovely time. Just as we were leaving I realized I had not checked the kitchen before we left. Upon our return I spied my kitchen counter with 22 eggs left out and rapidly reaching room temperature.

I only make one recipe that requires room temperature eggs. Today was the day.
























You see where this is going, right?




I'm taking homemade lemon curd to the next food swap. Talk about full circle.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. OMG that was a genius idea! Love it! Lemon curd is delicious and yours is the perfect color!
    Tamona (@wahsleuth from Twitter)

    ReplyDelete